OCRD is defining a pink team review as an early review of a proposal in which not all of the sections of the proposal may be fully fleshed out to get some feedback internally on the scientific directions of the proposal.
Allows the PI to engage pink team reviewers in a discussion about what is missing and that needs to be covered in an early draft of the proposal.
A pink team review is not intended to be just like an actual scientific peer-review of a proposal.
Six weeks before proposal deadline:
- Identify and send by email 2-3 names of Duke faculty in the area of research related to proposal.
- Identify and send by email 2-3 names of Duke faculty in related disciplines but not in proposal’s area of research.
Three weeks before proposal deadline:
- Main sections of proposal are submitted to OCRD.
- OCRD will send sections to pink team reviewers.
Two weeks before proposal deadline:
- Pink team reviewers meet to discuss proposal; PI and team are welcome to participate.
- If PI does not attend pink team meeting, OCRD will send written feedback to PI within 24-48 hours.
To request a pink team review, click here to complete a scientific review request form.