OCRD is defining a red team review as an almost-final review of a proposal to get some additional feedback internally before the final submission.
Allows the PI to engage red team reviewers in a discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of an almost-final proposal.
A red team review is not intended to be just like an actual scientific peer-review of a proposal.
Six weeks before proposal deadline:
- Identify and send by email 2-3 names of Duke faculty in the area of research related to proposal.
- Identify and send by email 2-3 names of Duke faculty in related disciplines but not in proposal’s area of research.
Three weeks before proposal deadline:
- Main sections of proposal are submitted to OCRD.
- OCRD will send sections to red team reviewers.
Two weeks before proposal deadline:
- Red team reviewers meet to discuss proposal; PI and team are welcome to participate.
- If PI does not attend red team meeting, OCRD will send written feedback to PI within 24-48 hours.
To request a red team review, click here to complete a scientific review request form.